A Promising Development
The speaker for our meeting today cancelled and on short notice the talk coordinator asked me to substitute. I telephoned the taxi driver I previously invited to our English meeting and told him I'd be honored if he would come to hear my talk today. He said he often had to drive people to the airport on Saturdays and he didn't think he could make it.
Today, five minutes before the program began he entered the Kingdom Hall. He got a warm welcome from many, especially me. His phone rang and it was his boss telling him to pick up a customer and, much to my frustration he had to leave. Following the opening song and prayer I mounted the platform to speak and noticed him sitting in a back row. He later explained he requested his boss to ask someone else to handle the customer because he wanted to stay at this meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Afterwards, during the song that opened the Watchtower Study, we spoke and it seemed he was ready to leave. Then he noticed a young brother he recognized from a Spanish congregation was going to be Watchtower reader and decided to remain instead. He wanted to see how he did reading English.
I sat with him, lent him my iPad so he could follow the study, while I followed on my iphone. He got absorbed into the subject material and whispered to me that he wanted to raise his hand to read a scripture. I told him to go ahead but in the end nerves held him back.
About 20 minutes before the meeting's end he got another phone message directing him to pick up a customer so he had to leave. I commended him for coming and assured him I'd stay in touch.
As Carol and I left the Hall a sister suddenly held Carol back from taking another step. Carol's foot was ready to come down on what looked like a tarantula.
Carol and I then accompanied Steve, Deborah, and Donna to a very fine restaurant by the bay in Zihuatanejo.
Returning from there we drove by a dog who had comfortably claimed his resting place on the road and wasn't about to budge for anybody or anything ...
Our ride home also took us by the Zihuatanejo amusement park ...
Today, five minutes before the program began he entered the Kingdom Hall. He got a warm welcome from many, especially me. His phone rang and it was his boss telling him to pick up a customer and, much to my frustration he had to leave. Following the opening song and prayer I mounted the platform to speak and noticed him sitting in a back row. He later explained he requested his boss to ask someone else to handle the customer because he wanted to stay at this meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Afterwards, during the song that opened the Watchtower Study, we spoke and it seemed he was ready to leave. Then he noticed a young brother he recognized from a Spanish congregation was going to be Watchtower reader and decided to remain instead. He wanted to see how he did reading English.
I sat with him, lent him my iPad so he could follow the study, while I followed on my iphone. He got absorbed into the subject material and whispered to me that he wanted to raise his hand to read a scripture. I told him to go ahead but in the end nerves held him back.
About 20 minutes before the meeting's end he got another phone message directing him to pick up a customer so he had to leave. I commended him for coming and assured him I'd stay in touch.
As Carol and I left the Hall a sister suddenly held Carol back from taking another step. Carol's foot was ready to come down on what looked like a tarantula.
It's body was about 2 inches long. This thing
could not have been cold. It was 80 degrees F
and he was wearing a fur coat.
Carol and I then accompanied Steve, Deborah, and Donna to a very fine restaurant by the bay in Zihuatanejo.
Returning from there we drove by a dog who had comfortably claimed his resting place on the road and wasn't about to budge for anybody or anything ...
Our ride home also took us by the Zihuatanejo amusement park ...
Hey, it's Saturday night.



Comments
Post a Comment